Monday, December 7, 2009

Breastfeeding while sick

I have food poisoning for the 2nd time this year. Last time I had it was about 5 months ago, I didn't know if I should continue breastfeeding.

Here is a good website on what you should do if you find yourself sick and wonder if breastfeeding is safe for your baby.

http://www.kellymom.com/health/illness/mom-illness.html

I've mentioned this website before as it is the best website for nursing moms. This link above talks specifically about being sick and breastfeeding.

I'm sick again, but I'm still breastfeeding. I'm really dehydrated, but I'm trying to make it to my goal of one year of breastfeeding.

It is really hard to take care of your baby while sick, but add to that still trying to feed your baby while YOU are sick...definitely ask for help!

No comments:

Post a Comment